Life goes on...

Friday, April 13, 2007

Goodbye Garfield



Dear Garfield,

Nobody can understand how I really feel about losing you, how much I really luv you or how much I really care and think about you. Even I left home 5 years ago, I have never stopped caring for you.

10 over years ago. you started my interest in cats making me learn to love an animal like my own child. Because of you, I started to understand and sympathise a stray cat and understand how to deal with a non-cat lover. Like a true pet owner, I started to buy litterbox, toys, cat nips and bring you and Ah Meow for sterilisation and vaccination. Even with the additional of 3 cats later, you are still one of my favourite prince because you are special and unusual:

- You curl up like a prawn when you sleep
- You like to sit like a ah pek with your legs open widely.

- You are never interested in our food but you like to eat durian while the rest of the cats flee for their life.

- You prefer dry food than wet food and sometimes you rather eat Jackie’s biscuits.

- You were once catnapped by the boys staying above our unit and was missing for 1 whole day BUT you managed to escaped with a green nylon rope on your neck.

- You always wanted to run out of the house whenever there’s a chance. So I let you out when I realised that you are able to return after a few hours.

- Whenever you forgotten to return home, I would go and search for you with a cane. Not to cane you but to rattle it against the stair railing and this sound will attract your attention. Before i can even see you, I can already hear the tingling bell on your collar.

- There’s one night when I can’t find you even after hours of looking for you, we walk down from floor to floor and even went to the opposite block but still unable to find you. Was about to give up hope when I saw you sitting on the drain rail in the dark behind the block. You responded with a meow when you saw me and I couldn’t stop crying when I saw your hind leg got stuck on the rail. After sending you to the hospital, the veterinarian said that you had a deep cut on your chin (probably a fight with a tomcat) and a fractured thigh (probably a knock from a reversing car).

- You lost weight after the accident and didn’t gain any back even after years later. You are the reigning king of the house UNTIL a stray tomcat came up to our unit and causes a fight between you and Browny. After that incident, we have to separate the both of you as Browny are still chasing and attacking you.

- You are the coolest cat on the block, unless you are in a good mood if not you’ll never respond when we call for you.
- You like to walk like a model on the parapet which almost give me a heart attack as we are staying on the 10th floor BUT you’ll shiver when I carry you near the parapet.

- You rather drink your water at the big basin in the bathroom than the bowl that was allocated to you in the kitchen.

- You won the Best Tail Award at the Cat Show and the ang moh Judge said that this is first time he had seen such a special tail.

- You competed with 100 cats (including pedigrees) and won the 10th place during the Annual Cat Show and we have to bring home 2 heavy hampers home that day.

I can’t stop feeling guilty towards you, guilty of leaving you, guilty of not putting more attention on you, guilty of not visiting you often..guilt...guilt…guiltMy heart has been pulled down by the anchor of guilt. I still can’t forgive myself to see you going off in that condition and putting you in the hospital for a week. I know you hate staying there especially when the nurses kept poking with needles till your hands swell and the constant barking of the dogs. When the doc diagnosed that all your organs are failing and you are not responding to the new medicines, we knew there’re not much hope left but I remained optimistic. We all cried ourselves to sleep and begging God to take you out of suffering. The last thing we want is to see you suffer and struggle to breathe.

The night before you left, you looked alert. When I carried you, you struggled to lift up your head and tries to adjust into a comfortable position. I thought, there’s some hope…although a part of me is still not too sure. I should have stay with you but I kept thinking you are looking better and probably are reacting well to the medicines. Until 6 am on 11 April 2007, you took your last breathe while sleeping with Mummy. Even on the way to Mummy’s hse, I can’t stop holding back my tears in the train because it’s has really happened. You…have left us…..Holding your body for the last time, memories of you kept flooding my mind. I hold your body close to mine and kissing you until the nurse took you away forever.

Losing you is a great loss and painful for us but seeing you in this condition, we are happy that you are no longer suffering. At least now you are in a better & bigger place than before, with Allah and His angels. I’ll not cry for your loss anymore but will be crying because I know you are happier now….

I love you..

Missing you badly…

Labels: , ,

:

Blogger Unknown said...

sorry about your cat babe....take care.

9:57 AM, April 16, 2007  
Blogger My whinin'z said...

thanks babe..it has been a week but it's still hurts...

10:01 AM, April 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home