Life goes on...

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Update - all in one go!

Sigh...lazy....sleepy...tired to update my blog or photos, not even my K-series can tempt me anymore. I still have like 8 new K-series to catch, think i'll be able to keep some for upcoming fasting month. I really have to pull myself to update this despite the luring of my ever so comfortable bed together with my Hub's superloud snoring as I'm typing this. ;p
HFMD
What a close shave!! We met up with Hub's side on last 2 Sundays and as usual, the kids played together and share their biscuits. The very next day, my youngest SIL messaged me that her 2nd kid was diagnosed with mild HFMD and told me to watch out for Eili. Over the next few days, 4 more cousins was down with HFMD and I'm preparing for the worst - at least 10 days of leave if she suay suay kena HFMD. We brought her to school as usual and informed her principal who told us that the usual incubation period is 3-7 days for the red spots to appear. Eili seems fine with no symptoms at all (loss of appetite, slight fever or red spots) instead she was eating more, like 2 plates of rice and more milk. She probably didn't get it as she just had her tonsil infection a week before that and probably the antibiotics in her systems are defending her immune system. Phew...heng ah.....
BIG PROJECT
After months of discussing, we have finally made our first move - to contact a housing agent. We have just passed our 5th year of residence and are contemplating the question of every hse owner - to sell or not to sell??? I have a hate & love relationship with my flat. As much i hate the silly layout and tiny hall, i also love my current house to bits. Why??
Because we get to enjoy:
  1. The best unblocked seaview with glimpes of passing ships. Sometimes we can hear the ship horn in the morning.
  2. The most beautiful sunrise with misty field across my hall and 3 rooms every morning.
  3. Side view of Pulau Ubin and when night falls, you can see planes navigating from and to airport.
  4. Fireworks from the ships during New Year Day or from our neighbouring country during their National Day.
  5. Peaceful and silence environment, as the small road below are seldom utilised.
  6. Great neighbour relationship.
  7. LRT station, coffeeshop and a new supermarket is only 5 mins away.
  8. Abdundant of empty plots which many used it to fly kites or planes during the weekend.
  9. Windy weather most of the year, we hardly switched on our air con.
  10. More amentities and not to mention the higher value of the property.

So you must be asking, why am I still selling??? Because of the small hall space, if not everything will be that perfect. Because of the strange layout, much of my hall+dining space have been 'eaten' by the walkway which is totally unnecessary. Seriously, we have the worst layout amongst the 4 room in Punggol, interior and exterior. Still there is a tinge of feeling prevented from selling, after all, this is my very first home where Eili was born and raised but the hall space will forever be a hindrance. My choice of area will still be in Punggol, i liked here. It's clean and quiet and not too over populated (yet). It's a matter of convenience as well since my pomelo and her sister, Rockmelon are staying in this area. They can help to fetch Eili whenever we are stuck at work and vice versa.

Today we went to view some flats in Pasir Ris (Hub's choice) and Punggol. Pasir Ris flats are disappointing since most of them have stayed 10-12 years and condition of the flats are pretty run down though the size is huge (134 sqm), confirm have to overhaul the whole unit. So i weighed it heavily on Hub, i'm good at that..heee...to make him see that Punggol, despite the higher price and smaller size to Pasir Ris will be a better choice. Most of them only stayed 6 years (max) and condition are better and newer. Predict??? I WON - he finally bowed to the idea of choosing somewhere here. Now we just need to find the perfect house which are quite difficult, since if you remember, my blk here have the best view in Punggol.

*yawn* more viewing next week since nothing caught my eyes today. As i told the agent, finding the perfect home is like finding a perfect husband - LOVE IN THE FIRST SIGHT. So far no unit gave me the umphhh feeling.

BIRTHDAY

Tomorrow, for the first time in my life, are bringing my granny out to celebrate her 94th birthday (not exact as you know how the registration system work back in the 50s). I'm bringing her to Changi Beach and T3. I'm sooo excited about it.

wow that's a very long entry for 2 weeks of not updating....gotto sleep now and join in the snoring club with my other half....nite...oppps, i meant gd morning.

Labels: ,

:

Blogger Unknown said...

happy hunting babe! i now watcha mean with that 'love at first sight' thing, it happended to me with this pasir ris place. kekeke.

10:53 AM, August 05, 2008  
Blogger My whinin'z said...

ya lor babe...hope i can find one soon...

2:20 PM, August 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home