Life goes on...

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Pregnancy Journey (Part 3)

Finally..i have reached the (soon) ending point of the pregnancy. Now i'm at my last trimester, 33rd weeks. Baby E is weighed at almost 2kg, she gained almost double since my last check up a month ago. Everything is fine for now...except something that has been disturbing me for the past 2 months, besides the uneasy/insecure feeling.

Baby E is constantly having hiccups, 3-4 times a day, at times 5 mins non-stop. At first when i read up the article from babycenter.com during my 6th month, it was stated common for a fetal to have hiccups in the mum's stomach. Today, out of curiosity, i checked again. Now there's an exhange of comments by mothers in other countries mentioned that if a baby is having hiccups daily and more than 3-4 times a day, the reason could be due to coiling of the umbilical cord around the neck. This worries me as i start to panick and think of the worst-could be the hormones playing with my mentality. There are some women who lost their baby because of this reason and some lucky ones survived. This should not be taken lightly and i can only find out after my check up this Sat.
So for now, i'm trying to brush aside the awful thought till i get confirmation/assurance from my gynae.

Anyway my appetite is still the same, mouse-like, I don't snack a lot and so far i have only gained 10kg, quite a difference from Eiliyah's time of 16kg. But with 1 more month to go, the figures might go up slightly or more, we shall see. Baby E is getting more active since her cocoon (uterus) is getting smaller and she's getting bigger. She luv to wiggle her toes across my tummy and it's not enjoyable ok!! The pain might not be excruciating but damn uncomfortable! Like someone poke you with a pen across your tummy. She likes to move while i'm walking too, this baby is really torturing me! Wait till you are out, Baby E, i'm going to give you a tight smack on your butt. Haa

In the meantime, Big Sister, Eiliyah has been very supportive and caring of her little sister. She'll scold Baby E if i told her Baby E has been kicking me hard and she'll kiss my tummy before going in for her class. Let's just hope this 'luv/excitement' will stay on when she sees the real baby!

Eili kissing my tummy covered with stretch marks (fm 1st pregnancy)

With 5 more weeks (or earlier) to go, i really can't wait to deliver but on the other hand, i'm a little tad scared of the delivery process. I wanted my delivery to be au naturale, well maybe just a jab on my thigh to lessen 20% of the pain (like Eili's time), I just hope the timing of the birth (burst of water bag) and the pushing will be as easy like during Eili's time.

Recap of Eili's delivery:

I saw some tiny spotting in the afternoon of 6 July and my colleagu told me to get ready for delivery in the next 2 days. Feeling confident and tired of working, i immediately tidied my desk which i'm sure i'll deliver the next day. Slept at 10.30pm and felt a tug and slight contraction, went to the toilet as i felt my bladder is super full. Water bag burst the moment i stepped into the bathroom. Rushed to hospital by 11.45pm and refused any induced medicines or epidural suggested by the nurse. Took the jab at the thigh to reduce the pain at 6am as the intensity of the contraction gets stronger.

Dilation at 9/10cm at 8+am and lights are switched on to prepare for birthing. 5 pushes later, Eiliyah was out at 3.78kg! Ahhh...i really enjoyed (as in painless) the delivery as it's really fuss free and wasn't that painful as told by my friends.

I really hope the delivery of Baby E will be the same, if not, even easier and faster!! Hee...

Labels: , ,

:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home