Life goes on...

Monday, July 13, 2009

M.J. - a legacy he left...

It has already been 2 weeks since the King of Pop passed on and everyday the tv and radio belted out his billboard hits. I really missed listening to his songs after all we are all part of the 80s/90s era (if you are born between 1970s-1980s) and have grown up with his music. My favourite during my dating days are 'you are not alone' and even my hub remembered that i will constantly replay this song on my Walkman player.

Singers like MJ, Paula Abdul, Tommy Page, NKOTB and etc are the 'in' singers during that time but nobody...nobody can beat the style of MJ.
I vividly remembered his extravagant costumes, millions of dollars concert and MTV, who can top his appetite for being different, besides his love for cosmetic surgery and alleged bleaching. Seriously i don't care as i know how much he have helped to break the barrier for culture difference between people and raising awareness of poverty in other countries. He is also the only singer to be awarded Guinness Record for contributing the most for charity work. Some songs like 'earth song', 'they don't care about us', 'heal the world', 'we are the world' etcare so meaningful....

If you noticed in his MV, most of his songs are about children, poverty and culture harmony and will definitely featured children and different race around the world. How many artistes have actually made an effort in it? I don't care how queer or weird his private life, i just know he left many memories for me and the rest the world. Sigh...only when a great person has passed on, only then he'll recognised for his work.

I luv you, MJ....

:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home