Life goes on...

Friday, November 09, 2007

Charity Food & Art Fair

My company will organise a food and art fair annually in support of Children Aid Society. I believed ours is the only firm that does such charity event held in our office here. This not only allows the staffs to show off their culinary/artistic talent but raising funds at the same time. Angela and me decided to join in the fun this year and since i can't bake or cook well, i decided to make the kueh that i'm capable of - Kueh Koh Swee and Sago Gula Melaka.
One is foolproof and the other is tasted and tested and we roped in Siti and she agreed to make Mee Soto. Bingo!!!! A stall is formed! I spent almost 10 hours (till 2am) to prepare the kueh all alone since i think it'll work faster this way with no interruption. The most tedious will be the sago since i have to sieve and drain the excess starch in order to have a nice texture of the sago pearls. Arms aching, back strain and sleep lacking but all in the name of charity.
Sigh, one hiccup occurred along the way. My 35 pkts of Kueh Koh Swee have to be sacrificed because of the stupid grated coconut, by the time i reached office, the kueh turned bad. BAH...BAH....All my hard work have gone down the drain. Well, i guess i learned my mistake in mixing the grated coconut the nite before. it's ok, that's always next year!!!
Its was fun doing this, not only we learned teamwork, we also learned to show our marketing skills. Most of our food items are sold within 30 mins, except the kacang which is a bit slower than the rest. One generous partner bought all my remainder 27 cups of sago for her staffs and by that time, we are only left with 4 bowls of mee soto to clear. We closed our stall 10 mins later. Singapore is full of food gluttons!! hahaha...

Our stall with Sago Gula Melaka and Mee Soto

My kacang putih side


My helpers


Our rival stall - Lelia, Siew Ying & Lynn


Our stall

Art & Craft corner

Shipping dept stall

The generous partner who bought my remainder 27 cup of sago = $81

Labels:

:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home