Life goes on...

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Bimbo writes....

"YOU MAY NOT SPEAK WELL BUT YOU CAN WRITE WELL
or
I CAN SPEAK WELL BUT I CAN'T WRITE WELL"

I said these examples to my friend when we are talking about appearance of a person. What I simply trying to say is that even if a person's appearance is so freaking turn off but he might turn out to be the most faithful and dedicated man in this earth. As the old saying goes "never judge a book by its cover", it absolutely true. Nothing in particular until when I said those quotes, something hit me real hard. Reality bites!

I reckon I belonged to the 2nd category where I can speak well (note: not fluent but well) but definitely a bad writer. Serious, hear me out first. Before I started this blog, I hv read many other blogsites and are so fascinated by the way these bloggers wrote their entries. It was so surreal that I can't stop reading their posts. I was trying to reach a higher height and presume writing often might improve my writing. Hence I created my first moblog. Initially, it is awkward writing an entry and sharing it with hundreds of strangers online. I guess I'm just afraid that people might laugh or criticise what I wrote. But as days passed, I tried to force myself to blog regularly and I am gaining confidence slowly. Bit by bit like a tortoise trying to outrun the rabbit. Of course, the rabbit always win lah. Hahah…ok lame joke here.

Now I do regret not studying harder when I was young but then all these are in the past and nothing can be done now right? With no parents or siblings guiding me, I was studying on my own and drowning in my own pool of questions. It doesn’t help when most of my classmates are as lazy as me and with no motivation whatsoever, all of us, at least 90% of us didn't make it to poly. Of course, I should not blame anyone as my future lies in my own hand and I have unknowingly destroyed it.

Whenever I read my niece's blog, I’m so amazed by her command of English and the power of comprehension. It was entertaining and I'm felt so embarrassed that at this age, I couldn't even write this well. Sigh…at times when I talked to them, I felt so degraded. New words and phrases just popped out of their mouths so easily. One question though, why is our syllabus so different from theirs??? Basketball!!! Then and there I realised, family background and reputation of school are so important to cultivate a child’s future.

Sometime I just wish I could go back to the past, yah, turn back the clock as I know I will never made the same mistakes I would have today…

Sorry, I am just ranting out what has been bothering me all these while…nothing prejudice to anyone and ARE NOT in need of any form of consoling…hmmmm....maybe free lunches/chocolates…hehee…


:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home