Life goes on...

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I am forgotten

My dad and my sisters came over my place for a round of steamboat dinner last week. I was asking him casually whether he remembers that the day before is my 3rd sister's birthday.

Dad: Ya, I know it's her birthday yesterday.
Me: Ok, how about sop (my 2nd sister)?
Dad: Her is 7th August.
Me: How about mine?
Dad: (silent)
Me: Huh? You don’t remember mine? Suz's birthday is the same as yours, so you can't forget about that. But you can remember the rest and not MINE!!! (I am the youngest)
Dad: Ai ya.....hahahah..... I have too many children lah.

See, this is not even a good excuse. Ya, my dad had 6 daughters. 4 (of us) from the 1st marriage and 2 from his current marriage.

Every year, beside my friends, sisters and hubby, I will never get a birthday call from my parents, let alone a birthday gift. The latter is least importance. A call from them is more than enough. Sadly, the only birthday my parents will ever remember is THEIRS. Or maybe due to the fact that I am suppose to be a BOY?? My parents were hoping to see a birdy when I decided to popped out on 16th May, they were devastated of the outcome. Maybe it's because of this that I am happily forgotten??

Well, at least I still have the love from the remaining of my family members…

......though I am still hoping....

:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home